Illustration: Stipan Tadić, 'Super Andrija', 2018
Volunteering period will be from March until May of 2022, to help at the upcoming exhibition “Are you sure you want to leave?”, a selection of the OSTRALE Biennale "Breathturn".
Deadline: February 27, midnight
We would like volunteers to help throughout the exhibition minimum once a week for 5 hours. Volunteering periods are:
• Exhibition installation, preparation between March 1 - 18
• Art mediation, exhibition guarding between March 19 - May 22
• Conversational level of Hungarian and English
• Having personal interest in cultural and art related projects
• We can provide you with the signing of your school / university documents (if required), along with inviting you to gain a basic insight of the content, preparation and outcome of a Budapest-based international contemporary art exhibition.
Being an independent cultural institution and a centre of contemporary arts, art quarter budapest hosts a wide diversity of programs. The building complex consists of a broad collective of in-house visual and performance artists and gives home to creative industry companies also. Aqb curates local on-site exhibitions and hosts a residency program for various international creators.
I don't know why I paint food. I have no reason to. I can explain, I have plenty of justifications. Now, I could go into how much trouble I had ... through eating disorders, and that because of different maladies, I have to keep an eye on what I am eating. But I don’t think the topic of gluten sensitivity would interest anyone. I don’t even like it. Anyway, these pictures aren't specifically about that.
I don't like so much to cook alone, for myself. I do it during quarantine, but I don’t enjoy it that much. So I can’t write anything that would not be very negative.
For me, cooking once meant relationship, but also, family, company, taste the joy of being together. Nowadays, I spice my food in vain. I don’t really feel flavors (and it’s not the covid :D) I don’t have a problem with the taste of my food, just that I am not nourished, like when I eat with someone else.