Illustration: Stipan Tadić, 'Super Andrija', 2018
Volunteering period will be from March until May of 2022, to help at the upcoming exhibition “Are you sure you want to leave?”, a selection of the OSTRALE Biennale "Breathturn".
Deadline: February 27, midnight
We would like volunteers to help throughout the exhibition minimum once a week for 5 hours. Volunteering periods are:
• Exhibition installation, preparation between March 1 - 18
• Art mediation, exhibition guarding between March 19 - May 22
• Conversational level of Hungarian and English
• Having personal interest in cultural and art related projects
• We can provide you with the signing of your school / university documents (if required), along with inviting you to gain a basic insight of the content, preparation and outcome of a Budapest-based international contemporary art exhibition.
Being an independent cultural institution and a centre of contemporary arts, art quarter budapest hosts a wide diversity of programs. The building complex consists of a broad collective of in-house visual and performance artists and gives home to creative industry companies also. Aqb curates local on-site exhibitions and hosts a residency program for various international creators.
Henrik Haggenmacher Sr. a prominent Hungarian industrialist born in Switzerland, bought the Frohner family’s brewery in 1867. In keeping up with demand, by 1875 the Haggenmacher brewery had already grown to be second largest producer in Hungary, after Antal Dreher’s brewery in Kőbánya.
World War I heavily affected the Hungarian industry, and a merge between the three largest breweries took place in 1933, combining the Dreher brewery, Haggenmacher brewery and the First Hungarian Stock-limited brewery. Within years, production was centralized at the Stock-limited Brewery in Kőbánya, and the Haggenmacher premises became a storage facility.
Haggenmacher Courtyard Ltd. acquired parts of the run-down brewery and its buildings in 2004 and began the real-estate development with the rehabilitation of the factory premises and step-by-step restoration of one of the main buildings.
This led to the birth of the international contemporary art center named art quarter budapest (aqb) that organizes and gives place to numerous events, art programs, concerts and exhibitions.